Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Creative Content

For my creative content I have created a half-page magazine advertisement. It is composed of a red Dodge Challenger Hellcat in the middle of the picture surrounded by a black gradient background. I think this looked good because it was sort of a distinct contrast of colors. I believe that with this contrast that the image could be crossed over to any media and look good. The one sure thing is that critical and creative thinking will be necessary. Ideas, ideas. Ideas matter—no matter what the technology used. We have to generate ideas and content that people will seek out, that pulls people in across media. (48) Around the car I put elements that represent what it is like to be a man. For instance I put an empty box of pizza under the car and empty cans around the car to symbolize the messiness of men. I also put a basket of dirty laundry behind the car, again to symbolize the “messiness” of men. A brand or group embodies something: ethics, humanitarianism, preservation, coolness, fun, family values, respectability, excitement, energy, novelty, inventiveness, cutting-edge research, healthful living, an active lifestyle, etc. (58) To go along with the slogan, “It’s a Guy Thing.” I put women’s underwear and bras hanging off the car. I thought that this gave the feeling of how this car impresses ladies and well I think you know the rest. Near the bottom of the composition there is a football to represent how manly sports are and to follow the stereotypic person that would own this car. I tried to really stress that this is not a women’s car. In the design process, composition gives form to content. The coherence of the composition depends upon how the content is ordered and shaped. An interesting form results from a good idea and a finely honed visualization and composition. (152) Towards the back of the composition is a trash can that is lit on fire. With the trash can I tried to mix the, for a better word, “curiosity” of men with the excitement and danger that goes along with the fire. Everything in the image has a purpose, all the items somehow represents what it is like to be a guy. But under all of the dirtiness and laundry and trash is a clean, mean, menacing car that is the staple of the advertisement. This car is the center piece of the daring “guy universe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment